What do I say?

I know Indians.. esp the South Indians go frenzy about their Matinee Idol.. but this one was byfar too much to digest... Last Week I had been to Chennai and this is what I saw in the Alwarpet Signal.


Well for your benefit let me spell out what's been written there

Muthamizh Aringarin Mootha Magan M.K.Muthu avargalin Pudhalvan M.K.MArivunidh avargal " PERUMAL" padathil paadiya "Kaadhal Vaibogame" Remix paadal ulagengum kaettu magizha manamara vaazhthugirom
Ippadikku Agila Ulaga Arivunidhi Rasigargal Narpani Manram


For those who cannot understand what it is, it roughly translates as

" Shri. Shri. Shri. M.Karunanidhi eldest son M.K. Muthu and his loving son and the grand son of shri. M.Karunanidhi, Mr. M.K.M Arivunidhi has sung his first song Kaadhal Vaibogame ( remix) in the Movie "Perumal". We the ardent fans of him wish the Song a great success.

Your Truly: Arivunidhi's world wide fan and welfare association.

Now tell me what do I have to say for this?

7 Stings:

Anonymous said...

:O
Geddalife, people!

Anonymous said...

What was that. some sort of cult following? cant believe people actually do it.

Vadapoche said...

Oh so that was the stuff written on those posters, I kept passing by but never finished reading beyond the intro...

Sycophancy thy name is Tamil political party workers

PurpleHeart said...

ha ha haa ! I know it's one of those most annoying parts about Chennai....these ridiculous political billboards ! By the ways, u HAD been to Chennai ?I thought u lived there !

Honey Bee said...

@ SWAT: :) Would they????

@ Santosh: It happens onl in India... In TN

@Jolly: Yup

@PH: I was... I have moved out of Chennai now...

Anonymous said...

freeeyaaa vudu maaamoi.. :)

Gomathy S said...

Crazy isnt it!! So you have moved out of Chennai.. Ahem..