Romancing the dentist...

Dentists can be frustrating. You wait a month-and-a-half for an appointment, and they say, "I wish you'd come to me sooner." - Anonymous

How true Isn't it? Have you ever been to a dentist's place? Ooops thats the most sulking place...He gets paid every time you open your smelly mouth......

So this weekend having nowhere to go myself and my dad we went to the dentist clinic...We were in a hurry. Poor Dad had a party to attend at Thambaram...

For some reason my Dad asked me to wait in the reception and he went inside....From the door which was not closed fully I heard them...and this is what happened.....



Dad: Doctor, Am in a hurry. Need to finish this off soon
Doc: Yeah. That could be done. But let me examine whats the problem
Dad: I know its a bad tooth and needs to be pulled. "No fancy stuff, Doctor,"
Doc: Look sir, we have a cosmetic section that is different.
Dad: I mean, No Astringent or pain killers of that sort. Put the drill and pull it off...Stright...
Doc: Relieving a Sigh!!!"I wish more of my patients were as stoic as you,"
Dad: You know... its a small pain.. bearable, right?

Doc:"Now, which tooth is it?"
Dad: One sec doctor.
That was it.. I couldnt Stand or Sit or Jump it anymore...I rushed outside and went straight to the parking...The ever sincere dad of mine called me on my phone.

Dad: Where are you?
Me: Papa, I never thought you could do this to me.
Dad: What did I do now?
Me: I heard you. I heard every single word you said to that stupid doc...
Dad: The doctor is waiting...Don't waste time.. Get in soon...
Me:For what? To pull my tooth straight away...
Dad: Common Beti.. its not gonna be as painful as you think
Me: True.Its my tooth and not yours......

After that, somehow my dad successfully convinced me and after 2 patients we went in...
I have seen a couple of Dentists. All of them were looking good. But this guy was young, strikingly good looking...At first I thought this beautiful hands is gonna pull my tooth like a grey hair.. (What a Metaphor Bee darling?) Just like that....

I was nervous as well to have him at such a close proximity...looking at my mouth...For a moment i wanted my Dad to go out and wait...(C'mon now dont start thinking bad.. ok...I just didnt want my dad see me trying to flirt with him.. and that was it)

Doc: Am not gonna pull your tooth. You just have a cavity. Thats it.
Me: (I was relieved....) Is it? Thank you.. Thank you so much
Doc: Now, temme, what kind of filling do you wanna go with for that cavity...
Me: Chocolate, please. If thats a constrain, any flavour other than Strawberry...
Doc: Ha ha haaa... Very humorous girl huh!!!

( Inside my mind. Hell with you man...You are not my kind of a guy)

9 Stings:

PurpleHeart said...

So what was the filling after all ? That yucky-smelling mercury ?

Sirpy said...

LOL.. So you did manage to flirt with him, eh..? Clever honey bee.. :D

Anonymous said...

lol. you managed not to flirt with the doc. good one. beeter you could have flirted with the doc in front of your dad, than he wpuld have thoght of marrying you off!! :)

Next time remember this!! BTW how was the native trip?

shiva said...

i feel you should have flirted before your dad, avarey un palla thatti iruparu(then u could have saved the dentist consultation fee...)

Compassion Unlimitted said...

//Me: Chocolate, please. If thats a constrain, any flavour other than Strawberry//
That takes the CAKE !!
How many more sittings for the chocolate filling ?
TC
CU

Honey Bee said...

PH: yuck!

Sirpy: On the contrary I wasnt

s4n705h: How would it sound if I have to say " Sweet Heart, make it slow. Its Paining" Before my Dad?

The trip was mouthfully painstaking :)

Shiva: Maanatha vaangaradhuna kelambi vandhuruviye? Sari sari vidu

CU: Am ready for asmuch as required...its the doc who has to give the go (lemme hope my pappa doesnt read this - HE might say that he is bankrupt)

Dhivya said...

I was tricked into getting my tooth pulled too...So I know how it feels. You were lucky though- escaped with jus a filling and to top it off, you got a cute dentist! I got my uncle! :)

Dhivya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dhivya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.