To Mam with Love....:)

Each one of us would have either been a participant or a spectator or a member of the organizing team in a Cultural Event. BE it in School, College or at least in your office....Isn't it? If you have not come across any of this, then better close this window. This crap is not just for you. For one, you will not understand ; Two, you are a dumb ass....

Now those whose ass is not as Dumb as SLB... and those who had had fun inasmuch as I had....Have you ever been the M.C?

As you all know that in my college I am the most wanted when it comes to organizing or emceeing....Till that date I thought was good for Nothing but never knew that Talking Non Stop would get the attention of my college....Let me cut the Long Blah Blah Blahs....This is what happened when I did M.C. for the first time... I was more like the Instant Uppuma.... the good looking girl who had to M.C. that day was unable to do it for unknown reasons (Actually she eloped with her boy friend and got married!!! Charges were borne by us - I will tell you in another post what happened)

Moreover it was the inter cultural event once. Participants from other colleges were there. We had a series of events to be conducted. The elocution was going on its full spree and to the shock of my college mgmt. none of them paid attention.

I was to announce the next event that followed elocution. There was so much catcalls and hisses. It was my first attempt at emceeing. My appearance with the program list was welcomed with a farewell clap...For a moment I thought am gonna wet my pants...There I was standing patiently for them to come to silence.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I began...the catcall and hisses started anew...
Oh am sorry. I didn't mean to insult anyone..... (Sigh! At last I got their attention....) Now May I welcome our beloved Chief guest to deliver his Speech...that was to be followed by the Cultural Secretary of the College and it was to be followed by the Principal to deliver her........blah blah blah........)

One thing about my Principal is she is a lady of Wits and Quotes. Of all things for what all I am today, she is the one I have to thank. She had a sharp sense of humor and has a way to get things done...

I remember once that for an intra college function we asked her permission to present a tamil skit. Well, we had an unwritten rule that everything should be conducted in English. To our disbelief she said yes.. while she was to disperse from the meeting she said " Well you may do as you wish, but don't you think that English is the medium in which all of us have to excel?" And so we dropped the idea of having a Tamil skit....

Well let me come back to this post....To the dismay of the participants and the viewers all the speaker spoke in length and carried their bulky speech....Visibly brightened crowd welcomed her with a huge applause... someone went overboard and said..Thank you so much you dont have loads of things to say.....

After all those thank you messages...The lady of wits and quotes related to some Lord Goodman....He once said " When a man speaks from notes, at least you know he/she is going to end sometime."

That was it the crowd was tounge tied...And then she spoke for another 3- 4 mins and left the stage....

So now why am I saying this....Its that This morning when I opened my Mail box I had a mail from her.. Wishing Me for Children's Day...However notorious I could be... She is one person who will forgive me ....likes me and wishes me good luck... Thank you Mam...for all your love and I know you are a silent visitor here...This post is for YOU...You are Truly, Simply Special....


5 Stings:

Anonymous said...

Dear ma'am thanks for the wishes :)

taggy said...

woah ! college prof mailing her student wishing childrens day ,great i get mails from my prof only when my attendance dips. may i ask which colllege u study/studied ?

Anonymous said...

YOu are tagged again visit http://blog.krishnausha.com/2007/11/16/dinsan-takes-revenge/ for more details.

BTW i am back from my native

Compassion Unlimitted said...

That was wonderful..you remembering your college days,your principal remembering you and sendind a card ( a Rarity )and finally//When a man speaks from notes, at least you know he/she is going to end sometime."//I will remember to at least have a paper in hand when I am on stage,just to remember I have to end the Talk..lol

TC
CU

Honey Bee said...

s4n705h: cool man

Taggy: Hmmm..it happens man...

s4n705h: Will make it man...read your list. who's that dinsan... he could have pretty well come up with another 12 to make a half century....

CU: In all these years of my life, if I have to say one good thing about me is I still meet and mail my Prof and call them once in a while....both my school & college and my School Almuni Association is a strong one....