Dad wrote to me....

When I celebrated my 20th Birthday. Given below is the letter … When I was surfing thru my old letters, I got this. I decided to post it. BTW for you all to send your wishes and Gifts my Birthday falls on March 5th every year. But for your convenience I refer to you that I also celebrate Monthly Birthdays....

My dear girl,

This is your dad. Am I proud in saying so? I don’t know. If you feel that you have mad me proud on many occasions, please stop day dreaming.

This was the day 20 years before you were born. I never knew that this would be the most disastrous day in my life. I never thought that a rainy night will be rewarded with such a girl after nine months. Even during your birth you made me lose my sleep. You were born at 3.35 am.

At first like any new parent I was very happy. Happier for having a girl baby. We (I and your Mom) had our fights only after you were born. From choosing a name to everything…. WE never thought that a girl baby would be that exhilarating…

I still remember how I took you in my hands and the call I got. The call said that I was transferred to Baroda. Till date I don’t know whether it was my good or bad luck. But, whenever I called your mom, you would be sleepy. Occasionally you would be awake. All you would do is gurgle. Whenever I heard your gurgles, I would either miss my Train or my bike would get punctured or it would rain heavily. I had always convinced myself that it was a pure coincidence and nothing related to you.

Whenever your mom complaints about you, I would glib her. My troubles started after I came back home and after putting you in School. I still wonder how could a kid just 4 yrs could be so notorious. You wouldn’t remember what all you did.. like say ( ……….Sorry yaar have to edit this portion)

Later, when your mom was away for your sis birth, I was left with you. I don’t have words to express or to share the entire pathetic episode. Even when my dad died, I didn’t cry my dear child.

And in your Fifth STD you did something which I had always wanted to do and have not got the guts to do. You boarded a bus to Pondicherry to your Aunts house along with your friend. You RAN AWAY dear pepper … That too for what….? That we did not put you thru’ Karate class!!!! That was also the time when Telephone was not widely used. And the message we sent to everyone informing your absence….Poor Aunt of yours she was shocked to the core when she saw you at her door at 10.00 pm…She was hospitalized…

After that incident, everyone, right from my brother to your grand parents said that you would be a good one after you grow….As the age grew, my troubles also increased. I still pity your mother who would come running to your school to meet your Class Teacher, or the Head Master or the Principal or some of your class mates parents…

When you were in you 12th STD, I was away on an official tour. Four guys bigger than you by 2 or 3 years came home with hockey sticks searching for you. Your mom spoke to them, begged them, convinced them and sent them back . They had been there, to kill you. For you had injured one of their friend with a hockey stick. If I think of that incident I still remember your mom crying. Do you know once we even thought of poisoning you….? But cursed myself for having such a thought in the Gandhi’s Land!!! But hasn’t he said that if a calf is in pain, mercy killing is welcome?

You have made us happy whenever you came First in some competition. But if you happen to lose (that happens because of the so called partiality, at least that is what you claim) we at home - your mom, your sis and myself we would all be waiting at the gate for you. Praying silently for the Competition’s Judge.

All the happier moments that you gave us were all short livened ones. Even till date we at home keep our fingers crossed while you go out. For fear that you would walk in with some trouble.

My dear child, you have had a comfortable and cool 20 yrs of life. You have enjoyed watching us cry in agony. Let bygones be bygones, I wish to seek your support in making our life peaceful.

Praying for Peace and as always for your good health,

Yours Lovingly,

DAD.

15 Stings:

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats. Your dad wrote you a letter. its years since my dad wrote me letter. Lucky gal.

I feel that what ever your dad wrote was more of a love letter than hate letter. After reading your blogs i can always say that your dad must be courageous man, else who would put his hand in the hornet nest.

Two things,

what happened to your dad after he wrote you this letter.

What is the thing you edited out. I WISH TO KNOW. (mark the caps. it means shouting)

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats. Your dad wrote you a letter. its years since my dad wrote me letter. Lucky gal.

I feel that what ever your dad wrote was more of a love letter than hate letter. After reading your blogs i can always say that your dad must be courageous man, else who would put his hand in the hornet nest.

Two things,

what happened to your dad after he wrote you this letter.

What is the thing you edited out. I WISH TO KNOW. (mark the caps. it means shouting)

Abru said...

A letter from your 20th b'day!!! How you managed to keep it for such a long period!!! :P

Gomathy S said...

I dont have any letters...lucky you..
you should have run away with a boy like in the movie "Kannathil muthamitaal" :)

praveen said...

mmm... lots of guts and lots of troubles...Is ur dad happy now???

Honey Bee said...

s4n705h: Yup.. he still has letter writing habit....

Was that a love letter papa? Yes. He is a courageous man. HE introduces me to his colleagues and friends as his daughter...

After he wrote this letter.......he wrote another letter...

ITS CLASSIFIED DATA...NOT TO BE REVEALED.......

S4n705h: DITTO OF THE ABOVE ANSWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Abru: I almost have all of those letters sent to me.. even the love letters.. I have them for my hubby and my kids to read...

Scribbler: Shucks man.. I missed it!!! DO I have a chance now? But I dont want someone like Maddy..( with an unshaved face...Yuck!!!!)

Praveen: For your kind information am in my work city. My dad is in chennai. Dont you see the logic now? So, naturally he should Happy

Anonymous said...

actually that day there was some server problem and it seems that i published the comments twice!!

Happy Kitten said...

Now why in the world did I think that u are from the fairer sex?

Until today I pictured you as a girl!

Now am I confused.. help me...

Honey Bee said...

s4n705h: Yup! It happens....

Happy Kitten : Oh Oh! What do I do now? Please believe Am a girl. Am a girl............

Happy Kitten said...

Ok Ok we shall pray that in ur punarganmam u shall be born as a girl.. but dont tell me that u were not warned!

Happy Kitten said...

but.. i still am not convinced... please can someone who has seen HoneyBee face to face confirm?

Anonymous said...

Hats off to your dad. you should pride though.., don't you

BTW, just read few of your scribbling and its awesome. Keep up the spirit :)

Narsimha said...

hey.. one of the most hilarious letters i have ever come across..
u seem to be a very very naughty girl from ur childhood days.. would love to hear ur stories from ur childhood..
pls do post some..

Honey Bee said...

H.K. : Ok. I give up....

I'm what I said: Thanks... and welcome

Sonu: Thanks dear.. Actually i have never been a naughty girl.. you see... my parents call me notorious.... Sure buddy... more of my child hood stories would follow also check my archive....And Welcome here....

Divia said...

hey your childhood stories gives me a 'deja vu' experiance he he:)
its so close to mine!!!

people in my flats (there are 96 flats in there and to give the background its something like in the movie 'Anjali') were literally scared of me... i also earned the title of 'Dare Devil' even when i was only 10! sad i didnt know the meaning then!!!

I was the first one to learn cycling and generous me taught all the children to cycle, including the boys!!! and me to buy scooty before even any guy thot abt it :)