Now that you all Know …. THE END

Though we rounded on Pondicherry, we had serious doubts on how long it would take. Whether we should take food for the travel or not. Never once it occurred to us about the monetary part!!! We even argued where to stay!!! I right from the start put my foot and said that it would be my aunt’s place else we are not leaving.

Saturdays were holidays for us at School. We cannot go on any other day but for Saturday and Sunday. I gave no qualms at my home. I told my mom on Friday that I had to overlook the dance program for the Parents Day. That was my reason and my mom bought it. I was under the constant scrutiny of my dad, so I reminded her about me going to school only after he left for office. Who else would know my shenanigans better than my dad?

On the contrary, she cannot say the same excuse to her mom. For her, she was going to one of our friend Nal’s house. She was offered to be dropped. Somehow she managed to come on her own.

All said and done we made it.

The D-Day : SATURDAY Time: 10.00 am Money in Hand: Rs. 100 + 100 !!!

My role as the leader of the two started once we met. We went to a Temple to seek Blessings. Though she was from another belief, the secularist in her followed me to temple. We prayed. We left our BSA bicycles at the stand and went to the Main Bus Stand.

We didn’t know where the Pondy bus Stops or Starts.

Time Keeper’s Office

Me: Uncle, my amma wants to know where we can board the Pondy Bus.

He: Huh! Go there ( he moved his hand and showed the place).

Me: Thanks Uncle

Me: Hey! Come. The bus is there

She: Ok. Come.

We got a comfortable seating. It was a 3 seater. I was kind enough to give her the Window seater.Then came the trouble. A family of 5 occupied near and behind us. All our way they spoke to us.

He Man: ( That is how he looked – Was sitting behind us) Bee do you want biscuit?

Me: No Uncle

He Man: For you dear?

She: No thanks Uncle.( We had told them that we were sisters) Amma has asked us not to eat outside.

Old Lady: Children, aren’t you afraid to travel alone?

Me: No Dhaddhi, we had even traveled in Flight up and down alone. You know, last summer we had been to S’pore!!! (I never knew that they were keeping us occupied and collecting details from us)

Conductor: Ticket dear for you two

She: 2 for Pondicherry

Me: Uncle 2 half Tickets

She: Yes. Yes. 2 half tickets.

The Bus Stand Came. Only then fear gripped me. I dunno how she felt. It was 7.00pm. Only then did it strike what I had done. All I knew was my aunt’s address. Didn’t know how to go from there. Right or Left. East or West. I was Blank.

They didn’t let us go. The He-Man family. His sister and his wife started talking to us. The Toddler was asleep in the old lady’s arms. He left us both with them and went somewhere. I saw him talking to somebody. He had actually spoken to them, had given his address had literally begged to take us with him. He didn't want us to let go like that.

I didn't know any of this. I nudged Jose and told her. If ever he tries to sell us or kidnap us, we will jump off. I will pinch you. Both of us will jump together and will run. We will somehow manage to go to my aunts place.

She: Ok. Fine. As you say. Am hungry.

Me: Don’t worry. Anyway they have to go home. Cannot be with us for long. I will get something for you.

He then hailed a taxi. The old lady should have heard our plan. She put us in the middle. She and her daughter sat either side of us.

After that what? Haan... he took us to his home. Gave us food. The funniest part is, they had non veg to give us. I sighed and said No. He went out and bought dosa for me.

He took my aunts address and left. Later I came to know that when he went, they were not there. He had left a message to their neighbor. My uncle and aunt came rushing. My aunt I think fainted seeing me there. More to it the Toddler was awake and I was playing.

After that… Nothing… Her parents came. My parents came. That was the first time ever I remember my Dad kicking me. Never knew he would dare enough play football with his girl as a Ball.

After a weeks time, I came back Home. To my Home Sweet Home.

On the second day before Jose left with her parents, we went to beach. We stood there. Holding Hands. Realising her early morning dream come true. I hoped that my father would put me in Karate Class...It is still a dream......

9 Stings:

Anonymous said...

aiyyago... all bcoz of santosh n scribbler... its like u hav ended it so fast... d style of last posts is missing in this :(

Narsimha said...

Man.. Surreal.. wot guts u have..
i remember i had done somethin like this wen i was small.. but never left my city n travelled all the way alone anywhere..
hail the queen bee!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I sweet ending. Loved the serious ending. this incident must have left some mark for you. It was a nice read. Thank god you were back with your family and the uncle was a kidnapper. else we never got to read a blogger like you!!

Sirpy said...

Ha... Lovely read.. Btw, wat happened to Nal after Jose's parents came to know she had not gone there after all.. Was she in the plan too...?

Gomathy S said...

Bee..did u actually do this or was that from ur creative brain?!!
If its former..appreciate ur guts.. later. appreciate ur creativity :)

Anonymous said...

you and santosh have any colab in story telling? good honey

Happy Kitten said...

Naughty boy! Am waiting for u get some naughty ones produced by yourself!

praveen said...

hi...interesting story...ended with subham... :D

Honey Bee said...

Vignesh: Is it? Huh Oh...

Sonu: Thanks

s4n705h: Read the curse of Vignesh....and Thanks

Sirpy: Poor Thing...

Scribbler: Yup. I did that. If you still wouldnt believe that, I will give you my papa's no. ask him....

CW: ME and Santosh? No. It just happened..

H.K: Someone pls. tell her that am a girl....pappppaaaaaaa pls pappa...about my naughty ones... once again.. papppppaaaaaaa...

Praveen: Thankfully ended with subham.. imagine if someone had kidnapped me to beg or steal... Poor Guy.. What a bad luck it would have been for him?