I was maddened

We girls were having a good time last Sunday at Hostel. Though we had everything, something was missing. That was the time we were hungry as well. It was sometime after 9 pm. WE had just completed our dinner. All we wanted is to munch something. Chackoo asked me to call the Spencer’s Daily, which was near to my hostel. I called up to inquire about store hours. We also had our own doubts whether the store is open on a Sunday. The most amazing and unexpected conversation transpired over the phone. So amazing that I wished I had somehow recorded the conversation.

Store Employee: Hello, thank you for calling [Blah Blah Blah], how may I help you?
ME: Are you working today?

Store Employee: Pisst…!!! why are you my reporting manager?

Me: Huh… like I wanted to know if the shop is open on a Sunday.

S.E. : Now that I have taken the call, hope you know the answer.

I was getting so dumb. I controlled my rage and continued my speaking. By this time around the girls around me started to search for my missing nose!!!

Me: How long is the store open?

S.E.: Look, as long as we are made to s(h)it here, the entire long store is open. But tell me, Why do you want to know? Why would you want to know about our working hours?

Me: I’d like to come to your store…Can I come now? S.E.: That’s a stupid question. Anyone can walk in as long you don’t shop lift!!! Me: I did call a store, yes?

S.E. : Yes, this is [Blah Blah Blah].

Me: Okay great, I’d like to come in and look at what you have for sale and possibly maybe even buy some stuff.

S.E.: Coool (Blame it on Shankar or Rajni…. But this thing I just couldn’t digest)
Me: Do you sell.. (Click… the line went dead)

Me: I actually wanna buy some goodies…I wanted to check

Me: Okay, thanks anyhow.

7 Stings:

PurpleHeart said...

Did he doubt it was U who had called when u visited the store ? Did u go at all ???

che sara sara said...

lol...that was total crazy!

Zak said...

so what was missing

Anonymous said...

absolutely crazy !. did you visit the shop after all this ?

Honey Bee said...

Ph: We did go. If i have to tell you, it would become another post!!!

Sophie: How did you know that?

The Mahatma: Butter

Taggy: Yeah! I think I could now write the sequel to what happened inside the store at 9 pm!!!
What do you say?

Anonymous said...

did you go to that shop?

Gomathy S said...

Huh..glad you had some interesting conversation...I have never had something like that :P