Does iT matter?

We were traveling in a two wheeler and I was the driver. We were actually crossing a town and we were going to Madurai from a nearby village. All we managed to sneak was that stupid two wheeler. its the fastest 2 wheeler I have ever driven. It ran at a speed of 20 kms per hour. We still managed to drive for we both had something very important to be purchased.

That was when the trouble started. Nobody offended me. The villain is the person who was traveling with me then! HE is my Uncle. Right from the moment we started from home, the man behind was not calm… We went to a shopping mall. I saw a women smiling at him! He too smiled back! I thought he knew her! Suddenly he was gone. He was speaking to few girls and they were all having a good laugh!

I knew by the look he was not discussing anything seriously with those girls. But he was looking somewhere. I asked him what was doing! HE pointed at some one there and said, don’t look at her immediately! Turn slowly and watch her. She is eyeing me!

Me: What?

He: (giggled) Yeah! AM gonna say Tata and come…

That’s it I couldn’t stand it anymore. I wanted to get out that place before danger comes. Its not that am feeling jealous of him that there is no guy looking at Me! The problem is his age. He is 62 yrs. old. And that SHE was around 50 yrs!

Me: Were you also looking at her? Why not those girls? They will make you look younger?

He: The age of a woman doesn't mean a thing. Don’t you know the best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles?

All i could manage was hit myself! Never once have I heard him accept his age. For the past 3 or 4 yrs. he’s been maintaining that he is 55/56!!!

You should see him to understand. He dresses so fashionable that the young guys in my family take his word while selecting a dress. On that particular day he was on a Levi’s Jeans and the funny shirt cum T-Shirt! The same kind of a shirt which Rajini is wearing in Sivaji!

We had all gathered there for a wedding! He forgot to bring his Hair Dye! He doesn’t even call that as Hair Dye. He always insists that he’s been doing hair coloring!

The truth is he is not my Uncle. He is my mom’s maternal Uncle. That is he is my Nanaji! Normally, Tamils call their nanaji as Thatha. As a practice I called him Thatha. One fine day, that was some 6 or 7 yrs. back, he came to me and said…what do I have to give? Why do you often ask Tha Tha? (In Tamil Tha means give!)

He: Look, call me Uncle. If you find that to be a problem call me by name. I won’t object!

He said this to me and to my sis! We were shocked. I couldn’t digest the thought of calling him by his first name. So, I call him uncle. But for me, all the younger ones in my family call him not as thatha but by his first name.

MY Naani has told me that when they got married he won’t walk along with her in road. He didn’t want anyone to think he is married. Even when my cousin she was born, he never went to her school for parent’s day or to pick her up. IF the driver is on a leave he would ask my naani to take an auto and go!

To his bad luck the white hair started appearing early for him. The first one he pulled out. As days went by the white strands also increased. He couldn’t bear the sight of it. He went and tonsured his head. But the hair grew white. That was when he started this dye…err... hair coloring!

The funniest part is he had stubble. Like what Anil Kapoor and Jackie Shroff and Nana Patekar had. The moment he saw white hairs there he became Sallu and SRK. Clean…

I have always heard him saying this: The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. But whatever he is up to, I like him for what he is. The latest development with him is… He wants to know if anyone as good looking as Tabu would love him! If Big B can, why not me? Am much younger and fitter than him! For him it was no Sugar Less...Its always Zaada!

After all 55 is not that old! Isn’t it Bee dear?

7 Stings:

PurpleHeart said...

Wow, He's indeed adorable ! By the ways, did he finally talk to the lady at the mall ?

Gomathy S said...

I think its high time that you learned some tips & tricks from him bee..??!

PurpleHeart said...

Scribbler, Why ? do u think Bee is getting older ?

Anonymous said...

lolz.. he is great... so get ready to watch cheenikum live...

@purpleheart : bee cant older anymore... heard people cant live beyond 120 r something.. bee try for Guinness na.. what say?

Abru said...

He seems to be a colorful person!!!

Wt happened after that??? did he talk and exchanged no:s ??? ;)

Honey Bee said...

PH: How can he yaar? Remember it was me who was near him!

Scribbler: Yeah you are right!

PH: You too!

Vigneswaralu: AM doing that already!

PH&Vigneswaralu: Dont you know that have just completed 23 and started 22 yrs.

Abru: No way man. Not when the Bee is around!

Anonymous said...

Wow! loved this post! Its becoz of writeups like this I took to blogging...
Thanks girl! u made my day!