How did I manage?!?

You know, I am typing this not seated in my seat. I am now on the top of my desk behind the monitor with the keyboard and mouse positioned safely.

BTW have you ever thought the desktop background could go upside down? The creative person in me was trying to do something and everything went topsy turvy….Actually I was trying to create a cartoon of myself. Oops! Now I am a live walking/talking/eating sleeping cartoon here at my office.

As usual I was left clueless. I didn’t know what I did. Neither do I know how to correct it. I called my Sys Admin. You should have seen the look in his eye. I went to the ladies room and had a good laugh...some of my colleagues even started congratulating me that for once he is going to do some work!

S.A.: Bee, what on earth did you do?

Me: Had I know, would I call you in the first place?

S.A: Only you…I repeat it could only be you who could do this sort of a thing.

Me: Think from the other side.

He was standing opposite to me. He came near and stood beside me.

S.A.: Even now I feel the same.

( No. No. No. my nose wasn’t hurt at all. Not a bit. Only the front piece of my nose was lying safely near his boots.)

Me: ok. Do something.

SA.: Sshh! I know that. Temme what you did. Do you have any faint idea how I could make it normal?

Me: Look, all I did was, I was trying to create a cartoon called Bee. That’s it and nothing more.

SA: Sigh! Ahem! hoooof

Me: One fantastic idea mate!

SA: You tell me the idea and lemme decide whether its fantastic or not.

Me: ( he he he.. this time I was safe. I was not near him. My nose escaped) Remove all the connecting wires.

SA: OK. Then

Me: Lift the monitor. I will place a new yellow cloth. Slowly turn the monitor and keep it. After that connect all the wires. This time only the monitor will look upside down and the desktop background will be normal.

Whadya say?

SA: Aaaaaaaaargh! Please could you wait in your favorite place: Pantry for some time. Its all my mistake. I should not have asked you for any idea.

Poor thing. He hit himself hard on my desk and I think he was bleeding.He mumbled something under his breath.

Me: Why don’t you think that you are learning something new?

He: Please. Please. Please. You have done it. I will make it normal. Okay.

Please look at the pic and tell me if I did any mistake. Suddenly the desktop background went upside down! Does anyone know why it happened?




9 Stings:

Honey Bee said...

Chronic and Scribbler: You both have an answer for the common ques you asked in the Twitter Update.

Gomathy S said...

Is your SA handsome? In that case you could do such things often what say :D ??

Anonymous said...

very simple... u took d screen shot of your desktop... turned it 180 degrees using microsoft photo viewer (or photoshop,gimp etc.. for that matter).. n put it as your wallpaper.. removed all icons and enabled auto hide for your taskbar..

lolz... sry for being spoil sport..
i dont think any computer can cause such problem...

the problem is as the sys-ad lingo goes "between the keyboard and chair" or more commonly known as id-ten-t error.. lolz.. what say?..

btw angry on me n santosh or what?
no comments for many posts?

Honey Bee said...

Scribbler: Handsome? he is just the opposite

Vigneswaralu: On your desktop right click and in Graphics option select 180 degrees. You would know.
BTW am not angry man. Just Beezee

PurpleHeart said...

I tell u Microsoft can sometimes drive u insane ! The other day i Just tried pasting a visio on my desktop and the entire settings went cranky and the most weird thing was it spat out an error msg saying "You have attempted to paste a picture not authorised by Microsoft ". I mean wht the heck....it's Microsoft Visio !!

And by the ways...u can now reach me at heartsinpurple@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

You got it girl. it was a simple one. i came to know about his when one of my fren tried playing BEE and made hiss desktop go 90 degrees right. That was some 3 years back. It was my bad luck the person was a guy and most unattractive of the lot!!

Honey Bee said...

PH: If we start writing about Microsoft and the errors... WE would land up as the highest traffic recieving blog! Cool

Santosh! I think that guy of yours doesnt read my blog!

Anonymous said...

He must have read half of your blog. Just to turn his screen 90degrees.

Abru said...

It is not a fault from you or the computer. it is a feature available in some graphics card. As you experienced it, it is there in your comp.
Wanna know how to do it???
Keep the Ctrl key and Alt key pressed and press any of the arrow keys. The display will be tilted to that side. To revert back, press the opposite key... Simple... isn't it???
I wonder why the Admin was not aware of this???
Anyway, nw it's up to you... I have given you a weapon to irritate the S:A and other co-workers. Lol...
So don't forget.. Ctrl+Alt+Arrow key. If the Admin have already located the issue and disabled that feature, it will not work. In that case, let me know... I will explain how to enable it.... "EVIL GRIN"...