On my way Back...


I was driving back from my home back to work city. Just then I saw this Bumper sticker which read Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and d(e)rive. Enjoying the fun it carried, I wanted to ask him whether he knew Kids in the backseat cause accidents.... accidents in the backseat cause kids! We were taking turns in driving and this time I was the back seat driver. I was going up and down every 10 minutes. I know I cant’ complain... it’s the messy road… I was actually giving her help and support and giving her lessons on Safe Driving.

I really dunno what annoyed her, she said... Dear, do you remember my name?

Me: Yeah... Why all of a sudden you ask this?

Friend: You might be screaming it later… that’s why?

That’s it, I stopped my lessons… Kiddish of her to threaten me like that…I didn’t have any other thing to do so was peeping outside. Roads are being expanded…The bye-pass is getting expanded to 100ft. You know big big roads… The farm lands, some many homes…are evacuated along with trees…the trunk of those trees sizing up to the size of my room... That’s it... We need betterment. Our life depends only on the expansion of those roads.

I know, any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts. So, if changes are for better, does all changes results good?

Please take a close look at the pic and tell…Whether we need expended roads? Where will these people dwell? Is the compensation given to them sufficient? What about the farm lands?

There might come a day, wherein we will have to show our generation how trees look like….


2 Stings:

Anonymous said...

hey honey bee,

it seems that you love the farmers than the plight of the road travellers. ( No criticism intended) and this is a known fact that there can't be a WIN-WIN situation(even if people can have one they wont allow it). If they had any such option than india would have been a better off country than what it is today!!!!

as you write about the accidents due to children, and children due to accident. i would say lets forget the accidents... and do some children. ;-)

Honey Bee said...

Santosh: Its just that too much of accidents will soon make us top the list ...