Why I wasnt given a leave? I haven't got a clue

Dear Sir,
Looking out my window, I see that the sun is falling more this summer more than the normal. If am right this is moving in an angrily horizontal way. As I travel down to office even am able to see lots of mirages. All India Radio and the Podhigai Weather report say that for the next few days we will be having a heat wave. I understand from them that the average weather would be some where near 106 F. i.e., 39-40 deg. Celsius. Although I don't believe the whole lot of stock in their meteorological expertise, this I could not let go off my head.
Every school is closed and every news station is telling me to absolutely stay off the roads as there are lots of news which states that people are dying due to Sun Stroke. While plugging the Today Show’s in one of the Sun Network channel, they are to air a segment on “Fun Things to do on a Sunny Day!” because obviously, they say, no non-essential personnel should be at work today. Then they laugh superciliously at the thought of any employment establishments that would be foolish enough to disagree.With all due respect, Sirs: whatever. I'm calling a Sunny Day. You cannot convince me that I am essential personnel. If you consider me essential personnel, then I think we should be discussing an entirely different pay bracket. Also, I'm willing to bet you will not pay for my damage when some idiot hits my shiny, shiny new car If you have any questions regarding my decision, you are more than welcome to come over for Cakes, Ice Creams and Fresh Juices as and when you feel like having.

With Regards,
Honey Bee…

5 Stings:

Anonymous said...

The reason could be

1. Your mangaer can't come and look out of your window so he/she dont know whats the status of the sun. If its rising or fallinf or stuck some where!!!

2. You are talking about meteorological dept to a rock. ( just ponder over it)

3.You are talking of Sun TV on a SUNNY day who will belive you

4. lastly, You are inviting a just one unessentilly essential personnal(i.e. your boss) for icecreams and juice that will surely make others angry from next time Make sure to invite none of them!!!!

Honey Bee said...

I will keep that in mind...as it is he cannot see from my window.. that doesnt mean he lives in a dark room with no windows

Abru said...

ARE YOU REFERRING TO THE TEMPERATURE IN CHENNAI????????????

I'm going to visit Chennai tomorrow!!!!! :(

Honey Bee said...

temperature throught tamil nadu...

Anonymous said...

He can jus see out of his window. The wording should/could(choose one) have been something like this.

Looking out of the (my) window. this means he can look out of any window. and not jsut urs..

By the way the company i work for has given the Basement for the HR dept therefor those guy dont see the sun but the Tubelights..