Is a title so essential?

What if I were a Man?I was lead to this question because, my mom always says that I would have been better had I been a boy! That was when I used to climb coconut trees! She keeps on saying this till date!

I have decided to speak up! Am certainly piqued! But one thing! My mom has made me think! What would be the consequences if I had been born as a boy!

Age 4-6

I would have been dressed like a girl and would be photographed…

I would definitely be the cynosure of all eyes!

Age 6- 10

Whatever mischief am up to, I would have been forgiven…and would be the most adorable kid

I would have missed all those colorful dress girls wear

All I would have had is Shorts and a small T!

Age 10-15

I can have a fight with my younger sister, even if she is right, I could still have the last laugh!

I would be advised or forcibly kept away from girls with whom I had played till then!

I would have preferred playing football than cricket!

I would have never been able to understand the periodicals the girls get!

My sis would have started to hate me!

Age 15- 21

I would be wearing trousers!

I would be gifted a Cycle or bike by my dad and my sister would be empty handed!

I would have attempted “thiruttu dum” (first smoke) and would have attempted to take a sip of hard liquor…

I would have enjoyed traveling in foot boards in bus!

I would be looking at every other girl and could even be fantasizing about a girl, who asked me to leave way for her to move that she came and dashed on me!

Any normal act of mine could be seen as a daring act by the girl who is seeing me!

If my friends come to know that someone is seeing me or if am seeing someone, I would be treated as their hero!

I would have gone with a rose to propose her on the farewell day! But would return home for lack of courage….

I would definitely have one girl to be dropped at her residence... she could either be a friend or my girl else one another infatuation…

Age 22 – 26

I will never be able to wear pink and blue!

The initial years at this stage, I would be covering my ass from all the mistakes I had done till then…

I would have started seeing a girl seriously! I would have made her to propose to me...I would have attempted proposing but always be tounge tied for fear of getting a NO...

By the Age of 26 I would have made a career and would be advancing in that!

Age 26-30

If I have a girl, then I would marry her…

If not, as by the Indian tradition I will have the first say on whether I like the Girl or Not…

After marriage, I will not lose any of my custom, my family, friends and neighbors and will stay in the place where I am comfortable and will never have to think that the girl would be missing everything for my sake!

Every year I will make it a point to meet all my old friends and we will have a get together… As simple as it is .. No GTG will go well without a smoke and beer!

Age 31- 35

I would never be preggy!

I would be brooding the thought that there is no International day celebrated for Men!

I will be blessed with too much of patience to wait for my wife while she is shopping for her….

I will be treated like a Maharajah at my in-laws place!

I can make any amount of fun at them, but will be bad tempered if my wife takes her turn!

Age 36-Age 40

I would be growing more romantic making my wife clueless!

My official pressures would make me an arrogant man. She will start to dis like me.

Even if my wife is working, it will be she who has to go to Parent’s Day function where my kids study.

My absence or my procrastination will never be questioned!

My children will tend to love me more than their mother, for them, it is she who is making their life miserable!

Age 40 – 55

I might go bald! I would starting wearing glasses!

I will try to look younger than what I am!

I would be head fast in my career!

I would still have contacts with all my college friends...

Age 56 – 65

I would realize all the mistakes I have done and would belatedly apologies to my wife!

I would retire!

I would be having a walking stick!

At this age, may be, I would have a pot belly!

If I still try to maintain an athletic body, I would be admired by my daughter’s friend as being handsome even at that age!

My son would treat me as his friend! He would consider me as his mentor and my wife as his inertia to achieve!

From Age 60 – the Last breath:I would be adored as the most wonderful Husband an adorable father and the most affectionate brother and at last I would be the best grandfather!

2 Stings:

vigneswaralu pandurangan said...

hmm..... bit too generalized...
but most of it is true...
the sexist attitude stilll previals in most of india but emancipation of women is gaining popularity now a days... three cheers to you :)

but seems u hav deviated from d main theme of your blog "humour" wid dis post.

Honey Bee said...

Vigneswarulu: No Deviations Man. Take a second look.. imean read it once more... You will know the satirical parts!

DOCSHarma: What else will a crazy person like me do? Actually am trying to be intellingent but yuck! even my dreams dont allow it!